Catering Assistant Jobs in Aimes Green
A catering assistant cleans kitchens, dealing with all parts of cleanliness just as assisting with preparing food and serve it to clients. The job of catering assistant is to assist in the kitchen and to be liable for cleanliness and neatness inside food preparation areas. Catering assistant is also answerable for doing essential food arrangement errands, for example, washing and peeling food. They are also liable to arrange the storeroom, just as being answerable for emptying deliveries from providers. They will also gather and discard waste. It isn’t uncommon for a catering assistant to tidy and cut up meat, fish and vegetables and work hardware too. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing basic food preparation tasks, which include washing, peeling, and cutting fruit and vegetables, seasoning and slicing meats, and preparing sauces and salads.
- Setting up dining and buffet areas as per the Catering Manager’s instructions.
- Ensuring all tableware and chafing dishes are properly cleaned and sanitized before each catering event.
- Taking inventory of ingredients and catering supplies and ordering new stock as required.
- Loading and unloading food, tableware, and catering supplies onto and off catering vehicles.
- Appropriately storing clean chafing dishes, tableware, platters, and equipment after each catering event.
- Answering guests’ catering-related questions during events and addressing all complaints.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote catering services.
- Assisting in all duties related to customer billing. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working in the catering industry.
- A food handler’s license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Salary and Outlook
The figures below are only a guide. Actual pay rates may vary, depending on:
- where you work
- the size of the company or organization you work for
- the demand for the job. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Qualifications
Most employers won’t request formal capabilities although a food cleanliness authentication and some subsidiary capabilities, for example, GCSEs will supplement your odds of finding a job. Potential employees can also count their odds of finding a new line of work as a catering assistant, by taking a Young Apprenticeship in Hospitality. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Skills
To become a successful catering assistant, applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure
- Stamina and enthusiasm
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- High standards of personal hygiene
- An interest in food and catering
- Ability to work long hours in a stressful environment Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Working Conditions
The long hours of proceed can be long, and the job requires creature work, so employees may find the job tiring. However, regardless of how weary a worker is feeling, it is significant that they are consistently responsive due to the possibly hazardous equipment in the kitchen. The kitchen atmosphere is probably going to be hot, loud and occupied, which can be distressing. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green
Catering Assistant Experience
Experience of working in a kitchen is an advantage for possible employees. In any case, supervised training is ordinarily given at work, which includes remembering guidance for how to get ready dinners and handle hardware. Catering Assistant in Aimes Green